Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Update

Friday:
I got home from the 'ta pretty early on Friday (like 5:00). D and I are dog-sitting for my parents while they move my baby sister into her new house in Montgomery this week, so I went to their house to play with and feed Sam and Lucy, and then headed home to meet D.  He had made plans for use to meet his best friend Andy, Andy's new girlfriend Cami (who we LOVE) and a bunch of their college friends and girlfriends/wives.  We went to Poblano's on I-240 and Penn and had a blast.  We then decided to take the party to Old Chicago, a pizza and pasta place that also features a selection of 110 beers!  We sat out on the patio and talked all evening.

We left around 10:45, and called Kathleen, a friend who was in town for the weekend from Dallas, to see if she wanted to go grab so fro-yo (frozen yogurt, for anyone unfamiliar with newest craze in the OKC).  We went to a place by our house and ended up staying out WAY too late!

Saturday:
I got up early and went to Group Power at the gym.  After the gym, I ran by my parents' to check on the dogs.  I should tell you that they are incredibly SPOILED.  When  my parents are home, they get like a million treats a day (on a specific schedule of time and type), but lots none the less.  And most remarkable of all, on the weekends, they get breakfast.  We're not talking dog food in a bowl (which they get every morning), we are talking eggs and bacon.  (I hate to think what our little Maggie - who we NEVER let have people-food get while staying with them!) Well I don't do bacon - I mean I eat it and all, but I don't so much cook it.  So I heated up a frying pan intending to make them their customary egg, and one for myself (I figured I'd earned it after the workout).  Come to find out, there was but one egg left in the house - and I think we all know who that went to.  Yep, the dogs split an egg, and I ate a slightly stale English muffin!

D and I returned the rental car (the body shop promised my baby would be ready this week). I then headed home for my weekly weigh-in.  I had lost 3.5 pounds since last week, which puts me down at total of 1 pound since this whole thing started (though I'm sort of starting to doubt the accuracy of my scale.)  After a quick shower and sprint to straighten up the house, my friend Mackenzie (from Tulsa) arrived for our afternoon of fun!

We sat and chatted with D for a bit, and then headed out for lunch at Saturn Grill (complete with my favorite cucumber and avacado cold cream soup!)  We then headed to the mall to do a bit of shopping.  We both ended up with the same pair of adorable black pumps (yes, as my husband pointed out, this makes like 5 pairs of black pumps in my closet - but I can't help it, I'm an addict!)  See how cute they are:



Seriously, I'm pretty sure our husbands aren't going to let us hang out anymore (we always manage to talk each other into buy things, but only things we desperately want need, of course!)  We went and got manicures at Spa Avalon, and ended up running into my friend Kristi from work (what a small world!)  We met up with D back at the house and headed to a new Italian restaurant in mid-town for dinner called Stella.  My parent's went for their anniversary a couple weeks ago and suggested we give it a try. We had a great time, D and Mackenzie had pizza, while I spurged on some delicious pasta!  We were bummed Mackenzie's hubby Gavan couldn't join us, but we'll have plenty of time to hang out this fall, as our season tickets are next to eachother, and we'll be tailgating together!

Sunday:
Sunday was a little more relaxing, a quiet morning at church, followed by brunch with D's family at Hideaway.  We then headed to my parent's to hang with the dogs.  We watched West Wing episodes (we're currently in season 5), and D did school work while I worked.  I made a quick run to yoga, then was treated to home-made Baked Rigatoni (it is seriously SO good, I'm a lucky girl to have a husband who can cook!)

Monday:
I'm now in Dallas for training, but hey, it's Shark Week, so no complaints from this girl!



I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty amazing shoes! I had a fabulous time! Can't wait for football season!

    ReplyDelete