Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 5: Favorite Quote

"All of us want to do well. But if we do not do good, too, then doing well will never be enough." - Anna Quindlen




PS: Tomorrow my office is doing a community service day.  I will be working with this awesome charity TEEM, that helps with job training and job placement.  We have been collecting business casual - professional dress clothing to donate to their clothing closet, and will be helping to organize the clothes tomorrow.  This evening, I was pulling things out of my own closet to donate.  I had pulled 10 items from my closet that I honestly can't remember the last time I wore.  I then decided to dig under the guest bed (which has about 7 under-bed storage things) to see if there was anything else I could give.  That's when I found them.  My "maybe someday I'll fit back into these" boxes.  As I sifted through the clothes, I came to the realization that, no, I will never fit back into most of it.  So I piled it all up and took it to the living room so it can be sorted into "work appropriate" and "casual" and given to various charities.  I know it's the right thing to do, but it's still depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment