David gave me this gorgeous purse:
This is actually the third birthday since we've been married that he has given me a handbag - so I think we officially have a tradition going.
About two weeks before my birthday, my firm sent out an email saying we were finally exiting the dark ages and would be allowed to use iPhones with our work email. My brother-in-law was interning with the firm this past spring, and knew how much I wanted the phone, and told his parents who gave it to me for my birthday:
My sister got me these great Vera Bradley placemats, which are on our dining room table right now:
My last present was from my parents. About a year ago, David and I purchased the following chair from an estate sale for $20:
Mom and I picked out fabric, each read two books about re-upholstery and decided to go for it. One day, we put a tarp on the floor in her living room and started taking the chair apart per our books. We quickly realized what a mess we were getting into. Our books described how to upholster a chair that was covered in foam. Our chair was not. It was instead filled with treasures such as horse hair, straw, and goodness knows what else. Keep in mind, we are in the middle of my mom's living room, so we quickly started putting all the insides into trash bags. Before we knew it we had a totally bare chair (save for springs - many of which were broken) and the frame. Well the chair sat just like that for about six months until my parents took it to a fantastic upholstery shop in OKC called Truman's and had them cover it in the fabrics I had selected.
I am beyond happy with how it turned out. In fact it was the inspiration for our family room in the new house. Look for a post with updates on the family room soon!
So while busy season birthday's are not always the best, mine turned out pretty dang good if you ask me!
So while busy season birthday's are not always the best, mine turned out pretty dang good if you ask me!






No comments:
Post a Comment