Keep in mind that as I see this, the following facts are in play:
- Lots of rain
- Dark outside
- 6:30 am
- Super tired Katie
Okay, I need to do something, I should call the police and tell them what I saw. Oh wait, what if I was wrong, could I get arrested for filing a false report if I really thought it was true? Maybe I should get off the highway and see if I can go back and help.Well, I decided I'd pull off at exit 170 and then loop back to the next exit and drive back by, hoping to get a better look on the southbound side. Well as I tried to merge, there were two semi's, and the highway was narrowed down to one lane, and with the dark trees I couldn't see anything. So I decide to head to the next exit and turnaround. That's when it hits me. I've driven this road hundreds of times, and it's not until I'm headed back south, that I recall the next exit isn't until Guthrie - 13 miles down the road. Well, the whole time I debate what to do. I though if I saw a turnaround on the highway (that always say no U-turn), I would take it, and if I got pulled over, I'd tell the cop I was worried about this car I saw. Well I never ended up seeing one, so I turnaround at exit 157 and head back north. By the time I get to the spot, there are several cars and a tow-truck stopped, and I could see police lights in the distance, so I simply continued on my way to work (now 30 minutes behind schedule).
Hind sight, I should have probably just called when I saw it and kept going, not like I have any real car-accident type skills that would have come in handy.

PS I'm sorry for the SERIOUSLY long delay in blogging. I wish I could explain why I haven't written but it would take pages and pages. So instead, I say to you, dear reader, I'm back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment